Living at ease in the summer can be taken for granted, mainly until you encounter a taste of anxiety with an air conditioner malfunction. It can occur at the worst moments; you’re eating lunch and unexpectedly recognize how warm your kitchen feels or you can’t fall asleep at night because you are so toasty enfolded in your covers. Think you’re feeling this discomfort? It might be the moment for an air conditioner replacement.
Often times, it isn’t the thermostat’s mistake; the settings can be working properly, but it still states that the temperature is beyond 80 degrees. It’s usually caused by an outdated or faulty air conditioner that demands a call to the pros to find out what’s wrong. There are many reasons why air conditioners break down, especially taking into consideration the weather in Laguna Niguel. Here are a couple of things that you can examine for before you call Ocean Air Conditioning and Heating if you think your air conditioner has quit working:
- Broken outdoor fan motor: There is a fan motor on your outdoor air conditioning system that helps flow the heat from your home to the outdoors. If you scrutinize your system and find that the fan isn’t working, it means that the heat transfer isn’t occurring, causing the warm air to stay in your home. This malfunction can also trigger overheating of the compressor and other likely internal harm to your system.
- Dirty filters: It’s one of the most common troubles that Ocean Air Conditioning and Heating sees. These dirty filters in your air conditioner decrease appropriate airflow, affecting the air quality in your home, which is really problematic when allergy season hits. Filthy air filters can also reduce the efficiency in your home and increase your monthly energy costs.
- Blocked air flow: Always look for an barrier or obstruction in your return-air or supply-air grille. This can cause your air conditioner to lose efficiency and decelerate.
TIP: Make sure the grilles aren’t hidden by furniture or other home items, as well.
- Outside obstructions: Good air flow could be also hindered from outdoor blockages around your system, such as shrubbery, trees, lawn chairs, etc. When the air flow is deterred, it can influence it’s cooling abilities. Make sure that your system is unrestricted by obstacles and is cleaned regularly to lower the possibility of air conditioner replacement.
Once you’ve worked through these four system checks and your air conditioner still isn’t running, here are a list of questions and steps that you should inspect and answer to get your system up and running again. (Only move on to the next question if the system doesn’t switch on after doing the step before it):
- Is your thermostat temperature programmed below the indoor temperature?
- Is your system switch in the COOL spot?
- Is the outdoor unit power supply switch ON?
- Is the furnace/air handler power supply ON?
- Is your house fuse box/breaker box intact or has it blown a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker?
- If none of these things alter your system procedure, call Ocean Air Conditioning and Heating at 949-317-4175.
Don’t let an air conditioner malfunction or replacement keep you awake at night. If you follow these steps and keep your system under regular maintenance, you should have you air conditioner working again in no time. Our team at Ocean Air Conditioning and Heating in Laguna Niguel is always here to help – give us a call at 949-317-4175.