Summer has arrived! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To enahance your comfort and really relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Laguna Niguel is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Ocean Air Conditioning and Heating consistently recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape in the heat.
- First, another chance to recall the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter routinely! Replace it according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the winter. Turning on your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can ultimately damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can impact your AC’s operations. Trim the grass, remove any debris and remove overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you turn it on this summer. Be sure to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts inspected for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Take a look at the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These easy steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you would like to make an appointment for your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Ocean Air Conditioning and Heating in Laguna Niguel at 949-525-9119 today.