Having routine air conditioning service done at least yearly can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Laguna Niguel season, have the professionals at Ocean Air Conditioning and Heating complete your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Inspect for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if needed, examine for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, reclaim any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, as opposed to illicitly discharging it to the environment.
- Check for correct airflow in the system.
- Verify the right electric control sequence to ensure adequate sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters regularly is essential. That’s because nothing else that simple can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it habitually. We advise looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will bank on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Ocean Air Conditioning and Heating today at 949-317-4175.