If you want to stay comfortable during the chilly months in Laguna Niguel, your heat pump will demand some maintenance to keep working at its best. If you’ve already arranged your once a year tune-up with Ocean Air Conditioning and Heating , you’re right on schedule. Don’t be too concered if you haven’t, there’s still time! Give us a call at [[phonenumber]] to schedule your appointment.
Between professional tune-ups, there are plenty things you can do to keep your heat pump running at its maximum performance. Try these maintenance tips to keep your heat pump on track:
- Are your coils and fans clear for optimal airflow? Lessened airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can harm your system’s compressor.
- Your supply and return registers should be open and clear.
- Check your filters often and clean or change them when recommended. We can’t highlight this enough. It’s a practical way to boost the airflow through your furnace and maintain peak efficiency.
- Clear the area around your outdoor unit if a mess has collected or plants have taken over the area.
- To make sure your system is working correctly, test your thermostat on a regular basis. Turn it on and bit by bit increase the temperature setting until you hear your heat pump turn on. If you don’t hear anything, read our blog post on heat pump repair for thermostat next steps or schedule an appointment with us.
Keeping you comfortable this winter matters to us. If you want to learn more about heat pump maintenance or would like to schedule a service with one of our professionals, call Ocean Air Conditioning and Heating at [[phonenumber]] or arrange an appointment online.