When it’s chilly in Laguna Niguel you count on your heat pump to keep you cozy. If it’s been too long since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair coming up. Once a year maintenance service from experts can keep your system working efficiently and diagnose potential problem areas before they deteriorate. Between service visits, make sure to keep an eye out for cues that indicate repair is necessary. Here are some of the most well-known symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be running the way it used to. Is it running enough? Is it running all the time? Does the air flow seem not as strong? These symptoms could indicate a minor problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump is stuck in heating mode or cooling mode. When it’s too hot outside, your heat pump lowers the temperature in your home by carrying refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When winter arrives, heat pumps reverse the process and passes refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to convert modes, it may be time to contact a professional to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling as usual. Your heat pump may be overheating if it is cycling on and off too often. This might indicate a simple problem. Your thermostat might need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be replaced. It may also indicate a failure in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled consistently. Are your registers all open and unobstructed? If they are and the problem endures, call a professional to see why your system is failing or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is loud. If your heat pump begin running loudly or making noises you’ve never heard before, there could be a problem.
You’ll know when you need to set up heat pump repair now that you know of these common symptoms. The pros at Ocean Air Conditioning and Heating will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.