Make your life less difficult—begin preparing your air conditioner now before hotter temperatures appear. You can save on your electricity bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its peak efficiency! If you are using your system when it needs service, you could see a extreme hike in costs and damaging wear and tear on your system. Keep your system performing well with at least one air conditioning service visit from your Ocean Air Conditioning and Heating expert each year. This is important to keep your unit working for a long time to come. Your technician can confirm that your unit is working correctly and look for trouble areas to head off any conceivable problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more expensive repairs.
Just some of the benefits a professional air conditioning service will provide you:
- Cooling cycle appraisal
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to scheduling your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and throughout the year to ensure your AC is functioning at peak performance.
- Clear the spot around your unit. Make sure there aren’t grass or weeds growing too close to your system, which can cut off airflow. Remove piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your outdoor unit was covered during the winter, don’t forget to uncover it. You can damage your system if you turn on your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could result in big repairs or complete replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Ocean Air Conditioning and Heating service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during the annual service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters each month and replace them when required! Different homes have different air filter replacement requirements. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you may need to change them on a more regular basis.
Make sure your air conditioning is running at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned frequently. It keeps your house healthy too! If you follow these simple steps, your AC will be ready for whatever the heat can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Ocean Air Conditioning and Heating team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.