Smart phones are our constant companions, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. You may not realize that your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. Your phone can allow you to control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
It can be difficult to keep up with technology, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats let you control your system via a Wi-Fi connection, allowing you to use your smart phone whether you're at work or on vacation to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, therefore they can also learn your day-to-day routine by knowing where you are. A smart thermostat can actually sense when you’re away from home and adjust the temperature to fit your needs.
There’s been quite a bit of buzz about smart thermostats recently. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more common and affordable. If you don’t have one, it’s never a bad time to learn more about them and all the benefits of using them, namely the ability to closely control your home’s temperature—even when you’re away from home. Following are more benefits:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will begin to make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home while saving money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it’s sometimes hard to remember to plan for HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and even tell you when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You’ll find that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide variety of heating and cooling equipment, so a lot of models are probably compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer many ways to help you maximize your home comfort levels and give you ways lower your energy bills. Call Ocean Air Conditioning and Heating in Laguna Niguel at 949-525-9119. We have many thermostats for you to choose from, so you should be able to find one to match your needs.