Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump troubles in Laguna Niguel during the colder seasons, when they’re required to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Ocean Air Conditioning and Heating will forever be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is important and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound ridiculous, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to more than a few calls only to realize the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to check if it kicks on.
- If everything looks right, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump repair, call Ocean Air Conditioning and Heating at 949-525-9119 and we’ll return your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.